- Manager's Messages
- Free Fishing Day 2022 – San Francisco Bay Area
Free Fishing Day 2022 – San Francisco Bay Area
Posted By melaniegarcia on September 2, 2022
Free Fishing Days for 2022 are Saturday, July 2, and Saturday, September 3.
Due to COVID-19, Learn-to-Fish clinics are not being scheduled. Please check back for updates. We hope to offer events in Spring 2022 but do not know if this will be possible.
New online Learn-to-Fish videos are available. These were designed for adults wishing to try the sport for the first time as well as parents wanting to teach their child to fish. Parents may want to read this guide to help you teach your child to fish.
Fishing During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Many parks and shorelines are open to fishing.
- It is suggested you contact the agency that manages your desired fishing location to check on restrictions or closures prior to heading out.
- Follow all state and local health guidelines for physical distancing and hygiene.
- All fishing regulations are being enforced.
Community Fishing and Watershed Education programs provide opportunities to enjoy aquatic resources while helping community members understand the role they play in maintaining clean and healthy waterways.
This is achieved through the cooperation of community institutions including schools, service clubs, local government, park agencies, water districts, storm water pollution prevention programs, tackle retailers, CDFW and anyone else that is interested in kids, fishing and clean water.
The ultimate goal is to create repeatable fishing experiences, improve recreational opportunities for residents of your community, and to create stewards of our waterways.
Free Fishing Piers (year-round)
- Candlestick Fishing Pier (Eastern of two)
- Islais Creek Pier
- Agua Vista Pier
- South Beach Harbor Pier
- Pier 14
- Pier 7
- Pier 45
- San Francisco Municipal Wharf “Muni” Pier
- Fort Mason Pier 3
- Fort Mason Pier 2
- Saint Francis Jetty
- Torpedo Wharf (Fort Point) Pier
- See a full list of Bay Area free fishing piers
For more information about the Fishing in the City program in the San Francisco and South Bay areas, contact Ethan.Rotman@wildlife.ca.gov | (415) 999-5924
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are posted to our website, and errors do occur.