- Manager's Messages
- “American as Apple Pie” Golden Gate Park Band Free Symphony in the Park 2022 (SF)
“American as Apple Pie” Golden Gate Park Band Free Symphony in the Park 2022 (SF)
Posted By melaniegarcia on July 1, 2022
• The 2022 GGPB season begins June 5 and continues through Labor Day.
• Concerts begin at 1:00 p.m. and last about two hours.
• Concerts are performed in the Spreckels Temple of Music at the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park.
• The Golden Gate Park Band has been playing free public concerts on Sundays in Golden Gate Park continuously since September of 1882.
• The GGPB is one of the last big-city outdoor bands to present a full season of free concerts.
- The Golden Gate Park Band is a non-profit under the fiscal sponsorship of InterMusicSF.
The Golden Gate Park Band provides free concerts to the people of San Francisco on behalf of the Recreation and Parks Department of San Francisco. We have received generous funding from the San Francisco Grants For The Arts in the past, though because of the precipitous drop in income due to the pandemic, this source may be much more limited in the future. We also rely on the generous support of our audience and concert band enthusiasts everywhere. Donations to the GGPB fund are tax-deductible through our fiscal sponsor, InterMusicSF.
The weekly concerts take place most Sundays at 1 pm, usually end between 2:30 pm and 2:45 pm. The concerts are free and open to the public.
All concerts take place between the de Young and the California Academy of Sciences and feature the music of specific nationalities or cultures, including costumed guest performances from dancers, singers, and speakers, who will enlighten and entertain.
Brought to you by the Friends of the Golden Gate Park Band.