- Manager's Messages
- SF’s Juneteenth on the Waterfront (Ferry Building)
SF’s Juneteenth on the Waterfront (Ferry Building)
Posted By melaniegarcia on June 10, 2022
Celebrate local Black-owned businesses at the 2nd annual Juneteenth on the Waterfront on Saturday, June 11! Kick off a month of Juneteenth celebrations in San Francisco with a day of fun, community, and delicious, handcrafted food at the Embarcadero Ferry Terminal Plaza (south of the Ferry Building) and Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. Entry is free and open to the public, and food and drinks will be available for purchase.
Juneteenth on the Waterfront is cosponsored by MegaBlack SF, Foodwise, and Port of San Francisco, in partnership with En2action/Ujamaa Kitchen, Fillmore Merchants and Neighborhood Collaborative, La Cocina, Mandela Partners, and SF Black Wallstreet.
Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day, celebrates the anniversary of Black emancipation in the United States. It is honored on the anniversary of June 19, 1865, when freedom from slavery was proclaimed in the state of Texas.
The celebration is in the Ferry Terminal Plaza (adjacent to the Ferry Building) for fun family activities and music:
- Black history coloring activity and mancala game at the Foodwise Kids tent
- Seeing Seeds through Beads: A Bracelet Making Activity Honoring Traditional Foods in Black Culture with Gina Wright
- Music by DJ Lonnie Taylor of BFF.fm
Visit the Foodwise Classroom in front of the Ferry Building for two free cooking demos:
- Market to Table Demo: Dontaye Ball, Gumbo Social (10:30 am)
- Market to Table Demo: Chef Mo, 4ft and Up Kitchen (12:00 pm)
SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2022 – 9:00 am TO 2:00 pm
For more information, please visit: https://cuesa.org/event/2022/juneteenth-waterfront