- Manager's Messages
- SF City Hall Lights Up for Christmas Night Friday, December 25, 2020 – 4:56 pm to 11:59 pm
SF City Hall Lights Up for Christmas Night Friday, December 25, 2020 – 4:56 pm to 11:59 pm
Posted By kcubas on December 24, 2020
Every evening at sunset, over 220 state-of-the-art LED lighting fixtures illuminate City Hall’s exterior. Normally, a soft white glow shows off the play of light and shadow on the full façade and dome. Frequently, special plaza façade lighting schemes honor or celebrate events, seasons, and holidays.
City Hall will be lit up in green and red most nights in the lead up to Christmas and immediately afterward.
City Hall Holiday Lighting Schedule
- December 13-25: Red/green – Holiday Season
- December 26: Red/green/black – 1st Night of Kwanzaa
- December 27-30: Red/green – Holiday Season
- December 31: Gold – Happy New Year!
The schedule is always tentative for the holiday lights and subject to change when there are special events and the building is lit in honor of those.