- Manager's Messages
- California Academy of Sciences | Free Day For Mission Bay Dist.
California Academy of Sciences | Free Day For Mission Bay Dist.
Posted By support on March 13, 2017
Each San Francisco neighborhood (defined by zipcode) can visit the California Academy of Sciences for free over a three-day weekend (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) in the spring and fall of each year.
So that means as long as you have a driver’s license or other proof of residency, you can save yourself $34.95 and visit the museum for free. Read the full rules.
The Rules: Each visiting adult must show a valid photo ID with proof of residency (you may not bring out of town guests for free; they still have to pay). Visiting adults are limited to six children for free entry.
The following items or combinations are acceptable:
- A driver’s license or state ID card
- Photo ID plus postmarked envelope, postcard, or magazine label with name and date
- Photo ID plus utility bill (gas/electric/cable) or bank statement
- Letter from a government agency with name and home address (not a P.O. box)
- Only residents from the zip codes invited on the designated dates will be admitted free of charge
Neighborhoods: Bayview-Hunters Point, Downtown, Hayes Valley, Ingleside-Excelsior, Mission Bay, Potrero Hill, SoMa, Tenderloin, Treasure Island, Visitacion Valley
Zip codes: 94102, 94103, 94104, 94105, 94107, 94111, 94112, 94124, 94130, 94134, 94158
Spring 2017 Free Days: Mar. 17, 18, 19